Trendsetters: Back this awesome new apparel brand on Kickstarter!
Huuud Apparel | Women Entrepreneurs
So it’s a hood. Why is that newsworthy? It attaches to your backpack straps!
The hoods are designed in a hoodie style and attach to the straps of most backpacks with simple buttons that loop around your backpack straps. It’s super easy to put on and take off, and you can even easily strap it on while you’re wearing your backpack.
They’re made of a soft cotton-fleece blend and have drawstrings, so you can tighten your hood for windy days or your bike ride to work.
We’re pretty impressed by the team behind Huuud as well. Of course they wanted to design an amazing product, but they also want to use their venture as a way to inspire young people to believe in their own crazy dreams and do the thing they really want to do. As the company grows, they look forward to hiring students and young people to give them valuable experience and help them build confidence to go out into the world and make their dreams happen.
Where and when we’d wear it
So many uses!
- Wearing a jacket or sweater without a hood and you want the hood option
- Early fall days when it’s too warm for a hoodie or layers, but it might get chilly later (the hood is super cozy!)
- Layered over a beanie or another hood on colder days
- Those weird drizzly rain days that aren’t enough for an umbrella, but you still want your head covered (ladies – and men with long hair – it’s a frizz shield!)
- To better mark off your leave-me-alone space on your bus or metro commute
- To hide gym hair
- Early spring when it’s still cold, but the terraces start popping up so you can enjoy people watching from inside your snuggly hood
- Extra coziness on chilly chairlifts at the ski hill (if, like many of us, you ski with a backpack of snacks, water and backup gloves)
- Early morning commutes when you know it’ll warm up later, but right now it’s chilly and you’re tired and you want to feel like your cozy bed is still wrapped around your head