Montreal Tips is proud to present this week’s new feature, Vehicle Mind!
We love promoting Montreal-based businesses and Vehicle Mind is exactly that and more. Have you ever wondered if it was possible to see your car’s stats as you would in a video game or like in a James Bond movie? Well, the technology allowing you to do that not only exists but it was developed in our own backyard, so to speak. Based in Montreal and co-founded by local entrepreneur Abhay Ghatpande, Vehicle Mind aims to forever transform how you maintain your car.
Vehicle Mind has developed a connected device which plugs into your car’s OBD port (the car’s “computer”) and unlocks key information about your vehicle’s health through an app, effectively bridging the current data gap between car owners and their car.
At its core, Vehicle Mind offers drivers access to their car’s data—information only dealerships and mechanics have been privy to until now—empowering them with the ability to increase their car’s lifespan and be in better control of its safety and maintenance.
Here are some of the innovative features being offered by Vehicle Mind:
- A dashboard view of your car’s “health” and status
- Insights on fuel consumption and driving habits
- Check engine lights explained through the app
- Real-time GPS tech so you can locate your car at all times
- Regular maintenance reminders
- Round-the-clock safety alerts (battery, engine, low-fuel)
Montreal fun facts:
- Vehicle Mind also detects the amount of potholes your car hits, which is a neat feature all of us Montrealers will hold dear to our hearts!
- As if that wasn’t impressive enough, it also comes equipped with alerts for towing—which is another occurrence many may be all too familiar with during winter seasons.
Have your driving habits changed because of COVID-19? Turns out Vehicle Mind’s features and benefits equally apply to challenges drivers are now facing because of the pandemic. For example, your car sitting idle for long periods of time because you’re now working remotely can have a greatly negative impact on your car’s battery. Car theft, up an astounding 63% in certain North American cities, is another unfortunate side effect of lockdown measures and a decrease in commutes to work. With these facts in mind, being able to keep tabs on your car from your smartphone can truly be a gamechanger.
Vehicle Mind is a startup we Montrealers can truly be proud of and we cannot wait to see what the future has in store for them.
To support a Montreal business and a local entrepreneur, give Vehicle Mind a visit here: https://vehiclemind.com/