Tag Archive for: empowering women
Montreal Luxury Eternal Rose & Flowers
Would you believe us if we tell you that roses can last for more than a week? What if we tell you that they can last for more than a year?
Aluna Gifts is an online shop that introduces a new concept of gifting. This Montreal-based company believes that gifts are meaningful and therefore should last for eternity. Aluna Gifts offers eternal real roses and sunflowers, eco-chocolates and more.
Eternal Roses (also known as preserved or forever roses) are 100% REAL ROSES that have been grown, cultivated and preserved to last for years. They go through a procedure which consists of discoloration, treatment with glycerin and other natural elements, and finally coloration. This unique preservation technique creates fresh-looking roses that will last for up to 4 years.
A common question people ask regarding eternal roses: “So, are these dried roses?” and the answer is NO; the process of preserving roses, stems, sunflowers, etc. is different than drying out flowers.
Drying flowers is usually done by hanging them upside-down and letting them airdry for several weeks. This process results in dehydrated, colourless, fragile roses, stems and leaves.
Preserved flowers are cultivated and immediately treated to keep them looking at their best for years! The preservation method includes adding non-harsh elements such as glycerine and colouring them rather than dehydrating or drying them out.
Aluna works closely with Canadian companies to supply the best quality handmade gift and display boxes. They offer their products in fabulous packaging like acrylic and luxury paperboxes all made in Canada.
- Aluna’s roses and sunflowers are grown and handpicked in Ecuador, third-largest flower export and the biggest rose producer and export in the world.
- Both acrylic and gift boxes are made in Canada by hand
- All XL roses are assembled by hand
- A bouquet of eternal roses with a stem will look as lovely as fresh-cut roses but will last you for 4 years instead of 1 week.
- Eternal flowers are low maintenance: No need to water, just avoid direct sunlight and dust if needed (they provide a free brush with every order)
You can check out their online shop: https://alunagift.ca
2020 has challenged us in ways that we could have never imagined. Here’s what hasn’t changed: the need to be equipped with specific skills to be competitive in an ever-changing labour market! While these are often referred to as *soft* skills, it is misrepresentative of the POWER that comes with being proficient in these skills. Several national and international studies continue to confirm the need for soft skills such as, professional communications, leadership, collaboration, cultural competencies, effective feedback, critical thinking, emotional intelligence, and entrepreneurship are critical to succeed now and in the future.
Do you want to enhance your skill set? Are you looking for inspiration to take your professional development to the next level? Are you ready to take action? Then, stay right where you are because we’re coming to you!
PowerSkills 2020 is a five-day virtual event featuring dozens of remote events designed to help you skill-up. Enjoy one, some or all of the activities – all offered FREE! We’re also meeting you where you are at with different formats that will appeal to diverse learning styles. This is your opportunity to network with peers, industry leaders and soft skill subject matter experts.
Join CATS (Career Advising and Transition Services) subject matter experts and industry leaders from Tuesday, August 4 to Saturday, August 8, and make a positive change in 2020!
Register today – https://www.mcgill.ca/continuingstudies/powerskills-2020
- Key Highlights
- Virtual career conference with a focus on soft skills
- 5 days – from Tuesday, August 4, to Saturday, August 8
- 30+ sessions (keynote speeches, workshops, webinars, panels, coffee chats…)
- 40+ speakers, who are experts in their field and willing to share their expertise, insights, tips and personal stories
- Ideal for professionals in every industry at any stage of career – whether you are job-searching, seeking to change careers, looking for networking opportunities, actively upskilling or are curious to learn more about the job market
- All FREE and open to EVERYONE
Product Feature: Pokète sweatshirts & Scarves
Montreal Designed Sweaters and Scarves
Pokète sweatshirts and scarves allow women to carry their own stuff in the most comfortable, practical and pretty way possible. In their very own pockets! No need to carry a purse, just be able to go wherever and whenever, hands-free. Historically, most women’s clothing either have unusable pockets or none whatsoever which leaves them with nowhere to put even their most basic essentials!
Canadian Born Brand
Pokète is a new Canadian brand born out of the need for women to have functional and practical clothing and accessories with pockets. Its focus is on making women’s lives easier. The styling is timeless and great quality because women should love what they wear and be able to keep clothing for many many years. All styles feature hidden zip pockets to keep valuables safe.
Inspired by Everyday Experiences
Pokète’s collection is inspired by a few common and everyday experiences. These include travelling (or not), taking the dog for a walk or going to play in the park with kids, all without having to drag an oversized bag. Also, wearing clothing and accessories with pockets that look great and are not clumsy or bulky is a nice addition to the wardrobe.
Andrea Majnemer is the founder and “Head Pokèteer” behind the brand. She used her extensive years in the fashion industry to bring this idea to fruition. The lightbulb moment to jumpstart the project was her lifechanging cornea transplant that restored her vision. This event propelled her desire to see as much of the world as possible and instilled immense gratitude for her recovered independence. She sees Pokète evolving into offering more items, ideas and services around making all women’s lives easier.
- Run all errands hands free with a place to put your essentials (keys, credit card, ID and phone)
- Hold someone’s hand without having to constantly adjust a purse strap
- Play with your kids without a bag dragging you down
- Going for a walk with your dog and always having a place for the “bag”
- Have your passport and boarding pass readily available for airport security (when that happens again)
- Commute to work with all you need in your pocket
- Feel safe from pick pocketers with your valuables safely hidden on you
- No need to dig under your seat or in an overhead bin for your earphones while traveling
- Keep needed medications on you
- Bike ride with a functional pocket
- Go to music festivals and free up your hands
- Any time you just don’t want to carry a purse!
You can see all of Pokète’s styles on their website www.pokete.net.
SPOTLIGHT: Montreal-Based Financial Sherpa Will (seriously) Change Your Relationship With Money
After living and breathing finances for much of her impressive career, Daniele Soare is now an abundance coach (or, as she aptly puts it, a Financial Sherpa), guiding people to get their finances on track, but also to work through the often painful and intense emotions that surround money.
Think about it. How often during your life have you been given negative messages around money? Especially debt? If you’re like most people, probably a lot.
When it comes to finances – financial struggles or even lack of understanding in particular – guilt, shame, fear, doubt, feelings of scarcity, even feelings of failure, can all form a thick cloud around everything, holding you back from truly taking control of your financial life. That’s pretty challenging considering our finances can impact virtually every aspect of our lives.
Daniele believes that changing our perspectives around money and embracing more positive emotions are critical to allowing (yes, allowing!) financial abundance into our lives. And she would know. She started on the trading floor, thriving in the chaos, working her way up to one of the most prestigious roles in trading at that time.
But Daniele felt a greater calling; to help other people thrive in their financial lives as well. She realized that, “We’re taught how to earn money… but not how to manage or invest it.”
Queue every millennial collectively looking back on their education and thinking… “Yup. Sounds about right!”
Because so many of us are not taught these things, coupled with those limiting emotions we all have around money, effectively managing and investing our money can feel so far out of reach. We know darn well it isn’t avocado toast keeping us from home ownership, for example, but how to negotiate a mortgage, build a retirement portfolio, manage debt, save for our children’s education while still paying off our own education, put a vacation in the picture, but also the potential needs of aging parents… all while enjoying (and juggling) our lives, work and families?
That gap between where you are and where you want to be can feel like the Grand Canyon. And me without a helicopter… or any idea how to fly one.
That’s what Daniele strives to correct. To narrow that gap between where most people are, and where they have a right to be! Because she truly believes that a life of abundance is everyone’s right, and she’s teaching people the practical strategies to make it happen.
Daniele calls her approach (and her business) The Spirit of Money. She takes a “humane, loving and holistic” approach to guiding people through daunting terrain, helping them work through their fears and difficult feelings, to understand things in a way that makes sense for them, and to get on a financial path that’s right for them and their families.
What Daniele teaches is not just the basics, but really a whole way of life that allows abundance in and clears away those negative, limiting, get-you-nowhere feelings and beliefs. This should really be part of our standard high school curriculum but, until that time, you can contact Daniele here.
For additional information, complaints or requests please contact me at:
Reach out at triman[@]captaim.com
Best of Canada & Montreal
- Best Instagram Photos of Montreal | MTL on Instagram
- Best Local Restaurants & Cafes in Montreal
- Best Places to Get Halloween Costumes in Montreal [Updated]
- Best places to watch Fireworks in the Summer | Where to watch the Montreal Fireworks
- Best Spots to Fly a Kite in Montreal
- Best Winter Jacket in Canada | Top 5 Winter Coats to Wear in Canada [Updated 2023]
- Bike Trip To Fort De Chambly | Bike Trip out Of Montreal
- Black and White Pictures of Montreal | MTL in Black and White
- Montreal’s newest public art exhibit challenges perceptions of the developing world August 23, 2023
- The Best 2023 Summer Terrasses in Montreal May 20, 2023
- Traduction J – Translation Services in Quebec, Canada and Globally April 18, 2023
- ASIMO – Talented Quebec Based Artist – Featuring Inspiring Female Artist March 21, 2023
- Best Colleges in Quebec for International Students December 19, 2022
Top 10 of Canada & Montreal
- 10 Things to Remember for Canadians Heading South
- 10 Holiday Gift Ideas for Men
- 10 Indoor Family Activities You Can Do in Montreal
- Feature : 10 Best Instagram Inspirational Quotes | Popular Canadian Inspirational Quotes
- Feature: 10 Best Instagram Inspirational Quotes | Most Popular Inspirational Quotes in Canada
Top 5 of Canada & Montreal
- 5 Amazing Campsites In Quebec | Best Camping Sites in Quebec [Updated]
- Best 5 Terraces to Check Out This Summer
- 5 Amazingly Scenic Jogging Spots in Montreal
- 5 Best Cooking Classes in Montreal
- 5 Best Escape Games in Montreal to Test Your Skills [Updated]
- 5 Best National Parks Near Montreal
- 5 Best Places For Pumpkin Picking Close to Montreal [Updated]
- 12 Best Skiing and Snowboarding Spots Near Montreal [Updated 2022]
- 7 Best Spas in and Around Montreal [Updated 2024]
- 5 Exceptions to Tipping in Montreal
- 5 Must-Visit Montreal Parks
- 5 Reasons Onoir Should Be Your Next Dinner Out
- 5 Reasons to Take a Road Trip to New Brunswick
- 5 Reasons to Take a Road Trip to Ottawa
- 5 Reasons to Take a Road Trip to Quebec City
- 5 Reasons to Take a Road Trip to Toronto
- 5 Reasons to Take a Road Trip to Vermont
- 5 Unique Farms to Visit Around Montreal [Updated 2024]
- Our 5 Favourite Spots for a BBQ in Montreal
- Top 5 Provincial Parks Near Montreal
- Best Winter Jacket in Canada | Top 5 Winter Coats to Wear in Canada [Updated 2023]
- Top 5 Self Help Books to Read in 2019
- Top 5 Malls & Shopping Centers in Montreal [Updated]
- Top 5 Cross Country Ski Experiences in Montreal[Updated]
- The 5 Best Women’s Winter Boots of 2017
- The 5 Best Winter Boots for Men in Canada [Updated]
- Top 5 Cabane a Sucre Experiences in the Montreal Area [updated]