Discovering a Historical Site Close To Montreal
Montreal is one of the oldest cities in North America. As it is now celebrating its 375th anniversary, it makes it even more interesting to learn about its history.
30 kilometers southeast of Montreal, lies the historic Fort Chambly.
The fort was strategically built back in 1665, in order to protect travelers on the river from the Iroquois. The Iroquois were a powerful northeast Native American confederacy.
This is a great visit for all ages. I saw as many kids as senior people enjoying Fort Chambly. As much as I love the historical aspect of the fort, what I enjoyed most was bike riding there. It takes only two hours to reach the fort and two hours to head back. It is a clear bike path with lots of greenery.
See below for the map, location and some pictures.
If you are looking for a park to hike close to Montreal, and not far from Fort Chambly, consider Mont Saint Bruno.
Bike Ride ideas in Montreal
Montreal is full of beautiful bike paths, which we can enjoy every day. Yet if you have a couple of hours and you are planning to spend a good part of your day biking, you might want to check this bike route out.
87 KMs of Nature, and Along the water route.
It covers most of the south western part of Montreal (La chine, Verdun and La Salle) as well as the south shore of the city, all while staying along side the water.
The Route starts in the Old Port of Montreal going through the following spots in order.
- At water Market (Through the La chine canal)
- To the Open Air Museum of La chine (AKA Rene-Levesque Park)
- Going through the Boulevard la-Salle all around the La Salle Area/Verdun.
- Then to park Parc de la Cite-du-Havre, which gives a great panoramic view of the Montreal, Jacques Cartier Bridge and the River.
- Then To Jean Drapeau Island and the Montreal Bio-Sphere.
- Then the Circuit Gilles Villneauve Island.
- All the way through the path on the water to Récré-O-Parc
- Then back through the south shore to Jacques Cartier Bridge
Here are some Picture of what you can expect to see on this ride.
Beautiful Nature Jogging Spot 25 Min away from Montreal.
Saint Bruno, has a National Park 15 KMs away from Montreal.
The hill it self is 218 metres in elevation, which makes is a really easy hike. Yet the lakes and the nature in the park make it an enjoyable one.
Where is Mont Saint Bruno?
Saint-Bruno-de-Montarville is an off-island suburb of Montreal, in southwestern Quebec, Canada, on the south bank of the Saint Lawrence River just east of Montreal.
Here are some pictures of the park, and what you can expect to see in the spring and summer time.
For additional information, complaints or requests please contact me at:
Reach out at triman[@]captaim.com
- July 19 – Montreal Author Book Launch! July 16, 2018
- Everyone Deserves a Home. Support the Ride for Refuge. July 4, 2018
- On the Fence About Going Vegan? Try Aux Vivres! July 2, 2018
- This Year at Jazz Fest: The Return of Stephane Moraille June 24, 2018
- Digital Marketing Consortium Canada Google Analytics & Branding Workshop June 18, 2018