How should one celebrate a birthday? No matter what kind of experience you’re seeking—chill or exhilarating—Montreal has lots to offer. Here are a few of our top recommendations for the city’s top birthday activities.
Top 10 Birthday Ideas in Montreal
If you’re looking for birthday ideas in Montreal, you’re in luck. The city is full of great places to eat, drink, and be merry. Here are 10 ideas to get you going.
For the Foodie
Dinner at one of Montreal’s many excellent restaurants is always a good idea. It’s even better to get a group together and make a reservation at a private room or patio.
For the Party Animal
The best way to celebrate your birthday is with a night out. Drinks at a bar to start, then move on to a club to dance. You can be sure it will be a memorable evening!
For the Cultured Type
A terrific way to celebrate a birthday in Montreal is to visit a museum or art gallery. Or, for something really different, take a tour of one of the city’s historic landmarks.
For the Sporty Type
A day spent cycling or hiking in one of Montreal’s many parks is a great way to get some exercise and fresh air on your birthday. It’s also a great way to see the city from a different perspective.
For the Ultimate Indulgence
Spend a day being pampered at one of Montreal’s numerous spas or salons. It’s the ideal way to unwind and revitalize before your special day.
For the Thrifty Type
Not everyone likes spending a lot of money on their birthday, so why not do something that won’t cost you a dime? Take a walk around one of Montreal’s many neighborhoods, explore a new park or people-watch in a busy area like Place des Arts or Crescent Street.
For Those with A Sweet Tooth
A visit to one of Montreal’s many bakeries or ice cream shops is sure to please anyone with a penchant for sweets. You might also attempt baking your own cake or ice cream if you’re daring!
For the Nature Lover
On your birthday, venture outside the city and discover some of Montreal’s stunning countryside. Take a drive to one of the nearby towns or villages, go for a hike in the woods, or enjoy the peace and quiet away from the hustle and bustle of the city.
For the Ultimate Montreal Experience
A birthday is a perfect excuse to try something new, so why not take a Segway tour of the city or go kayaking on the St. Lawrence River?
For Those Who Want to Stay In
Sometimes, the best way to spend a birthday is in the comfort of your own home. Have a few friends for dinner and drinks, or spend the day relaxing with a good book or movie. Whatever you do, make sure you enjoy your special day!
How Do You Celebrate a Low-Budget Birthday?
Not everyone has a lot of money to spend on their birthday, but that doesn’t mean the day can’t be special. Here are some ideas for celebrating a birthday on a budget:
- Have a potluck dinner party with friends or family. You can reduce the expense of the meal by having everyone bring their preferred dish.
- Do not eat lunch or dinner out; instead, have a picnic in the park.
- Have a cake and ice cream party at home. You can make your own cake or buy one from the store.
- Spend the day engaging in your favorite activity, such as reading, taking a walk, or watching a movie.
- Make your own gifts or decorations instead of buying them. Online, you can find a tonne of fantastic DIY instructions for everything from making a photo collage to making your own birthday card.
- Get together with a few friends and do something for someone else, like volunteering at a local shelter or delivering meals to the elderly.
- Have a board game night or karaoke party instead of going out to a bar or club.
Whatever your budget, there are many wonderful ways to celebrate a birthday. The most important thing is to spend the day doing something you enjoy with the people you love. Make your birthday a day to remember by doing something that you’ll always remember!
- Article based on personal opinion, experience and research.
- Photos from Unsplash & canva.