Montreal World Trade Center also known as Centre de Commerce mondial de Montréal), is a mix of both offices and a hotel located in the Old Port of Montreal, an area called the international quarter.
The place itself is beautiful, and I always tend to bring my friends who are visiting for a walk and a look around.
What makes this place special?
History, the place was built in the early 90s, yet the items on display inside go way back.
There is a piece of the Berlin wall on display, which I find a beautiful reminder, especially for our younger generation.
There is also a fountain by French architect and sculptor Dieudonné-Barthélemy Guibal.
2. The architecture of the building
The whole area looks like two buildings have been put together, in the most intelligent and artistic way possible.
The ceiling is a transparent glass ceiling.
There is a mesh of stairways along the way that adds this modern effect, while keeping it simple.
3. The open space
In the open space through the building, there is a reflecting pool, coffee shops, boutiques and other services.
Here is how it looks:
This is some panoramic footage taken June 2017.
If you are interested in discovering more history around Montreal. You might want to check the historic Fort de Chambly.
For additional information, complaints or requests please contact me at:
Reach out at triman[@]captaim.com
- Concordia is Offering a Crash Course in Google Analytics February 6, 2019
- Taïna Di Napoli | Founder at Di Napoli Caffe | Montreal Coffee Queen February 2, 2019
- Corrie Sirota | Grief, Loss and Bereavement Specialist February 2, 2019
- Lianas Senior Transition Support February 2, 2019
- Love Coach Diana Eskander January 31, 2019