Whether you are a big traveller or a homebody by nature, there is at least one trip you need to make if you live in Montreal, and that’s to two of the biggest cities in the United States. New York and Boston are cities unlike any other in the world.
Here are 7 reasons why everyone needs to go to Boston and New York at least once.
1) The Famous Sights
Copley, Boston Library, Boston Common, Quincy market, Newbury street, the North End, the Harbour just to name a few… In Boston, it is worst going on the Boston duck tour to discover the city. In New York, the list goes on and on: Central Park, Ellis Island, Liberty statue, 9/11 memorial, 5th avenue, Time square, Empire State building…
2) The Shopping
Whether you’ve got money burning a hole in your pocket or you just want to have a nose past some windows, there is no better place to experience the best shopping in the world than New York or Boston. Get overwhelmed by the number of people on Quincy Market in Boston, stunned by the prices in 5th Avenue in New York and charmed by the vintage shops in Brooklyn.
3) The Nightlife
New Yorkers may work hard, but they play hard too. There is everything any night owl could possibly want in a city, from classic bars, to chic clubs, underground parties, and theatres. The best shows always make a stop in New York, so you’re sure to find something that will blow you away.
4) The History
So much of the culture of the United States developed in Boston and New York and you’ll discover more than you can possibly remember if you visit some of its museums and historical attractions.
5) The Unexpected Bits
The best bits of a trip to Boston or New York will be the bits you won’t expect! There are a few things you’d never know until you experience them in person, like how peaceful the green spaces in such busting cities can be, or how distinctive different neighbourhoods can feel!
The one-of-a-kind memories can only come from putting on some comfortable walking shoes and going out to explore.
6) The People
New Yorkers may not have a great reputation for being full or friendly, welcoming people, but actually, the city is the wonder that it is because of the great diversity of fascinating people that live there. Everywhere you look you’ll see people doing incredible things, whether it’s building business or performing circus acts in the street. It is worth talking to as many people as possible to hear their stories, as well as creating one of your very own.
7) The biggest Universities in the world
You cannot visit Boston without stepping into Harvard and MIT. These prestigious and inspirational institutions will give you new perspectives for your future!
“Moving is a tedious undertaking for most of us, even within the same city. For those endeavoring to move to a completely new city however, in perhaps an entirely new country, the preoccupations of relocation only become exponentially more stressful. Figuring out new whereabouts, new local cultures, transportation and other such logistics are challenging enough, but before any of these issues come to the foreground, the fundamental question at the heart of every move is “Where should I live?”
Fortunately for those facing the moving conundrum, there’s Navut.
Navut is a free, personalized, web-based service which helps those moving to find a neighborhood tailored to their needs. Some might be looking for a suburban spot close to a school for the kids, while others want an exciting downtown locale with a nevertheless excellent safety rating. Whatever the specifications, Navut’s Neighborhood Finder helps users find their ideal neighborhood, according to a huge selection of parameters they get to choose from. Subsequently, once users have narrowed down the ideal neighborhood for them and their family, they’re able to explore a variety of properties available for sale and rent, as well as make contact with verified real estate agents. (Which, incidentally, comprise the other, clever side of the business, as they can sign up with Navut and have access to an extensive clientele base) Whether on the moving or the selling side, it’s not really surprising that more and more folks’ curiosity has been piqued by Navut’s signature tool, the Neighborhood Finder.
While certainly a marketable asset, the idea behind this small web startup didn’t come from any business think-tank. Its founders, Mauro Repacci, Marcos Carvalho, Gustavo Burckhardt and Aureabelle Cruz have a wealth of very personal motivations behind Navut. Their collective experience, involving numerous and sometimes difficult relocations (Carvalho alone has clocked over 12 international moves to himself) inspired them to create a tool which would help others avoid the sometimes logistically and personally daunting issues they had faced. Among others, these had included feeling completely out of place in their new neighborhoods, their new areas not meeting the expectations of their research, or being misinformed by landlord prior to arrival. In short, they realized that making moving easier isn’t just a good idea, it was a shared and passionate raison d’être behind the company.
Beyond its acclaim with relocating users and real estate agents wishing to expand their client base, the company has also been making waves in the small-business scene in Montreal lately. It was the recipient of the International Startup Festival’s Videotron Business Solutions Prize this year, and is well on its way to exponential online growth.
Either way, Navut’s progress is going to be interesting to watch, and might prove to be the next big online tool for the hoards of people trudging through the troubles of moving. Hopefully they can help transform the experience into something much more positive and exciting.
To find out more about Navut, check out their site at: http://navut.com
To check out Navut’s blogs, where you can read up about the local scenes and neighborhoods they feature, visit: http://blog.navut.com“
For additional information, complaints or requests please contact me at:
Reach out at triman[@]captaim.com
Best of Canada & Montreal
- Best Instagram Photos of Montreal | MTL on Instagram
- Best Local Restaurants & Cafes in Montreal
- Best Places to Get Halloween Costumes in Montreal
- Best places to watch Fireworks in the Summer | Where to watch the Montreal Fireworks
- Best Spots to Fly a Kite in Montreal
- Best Winter Jacket in Canada | Top 5 Winter Coats to Wear in Canada
- Bike Trip To Fort De Chambly | Bike Trip out Of Montreal
- Black and White Pictures of Montreal | MTL in Black and White
- Montreal Conscious Leadership Coach February 20, 2020
- This Montreal Startup is Ending Food Waste & Saving You Money December 6, 2019
- 5 Must-Eat Foods for Canadian Winters December 2, 2019
- 4 Best Parks To Visit In Montreal This Winter November 26, 2019
- The Best Indoor Things to do in Montreal for Winter 2020 November 20, 2019
Top 10 of Canada & Montreal
- 10 Things to Remember for Canadians Heading South
- 10 Holiday Gift Ideas for Men
- 10 Indoor Family Activities You Can Do in Montreal
- Feature : 10 Best Instagram Inspirational Quotes | Popular Canadian Inspirational Quotes
- Feature: 10 Best Instagram Inspirational Quotes | Most Popular Inspirational Quotes in Canada
Top 5 of Canada & Montreal
- 5 Amazing Campsites In Quebec | Best Camping Sites in Quebec
- Best 5 Terraces to Check Out This Summer
- 5 Amazingly Scenic Jogging Spots in Montreal
- 5 Best Cooking Classes in Montreal
- 5 Best Escape Games in Montreal to Test Your Skills
- 5 Best National Parks Near Montreal
- 5 Best Places For Pumpkin Picking Close to Montreal
- 5 Best Skiing and Snowboarding Spots Near Montreal
- 5 Best Spas in and Around Montreal
- 5 Exceptions to Tipping in Montreal
- 5 Must-Visit Montreal Parks
- 5 Reasons Onoir Should Be Your Next Dinner Out
- 5 Reasons to Take a Road Trip to New Brunswick
- 5 Reasons to Take a Road Trip to Ottawa
- 5 Reasons to Take a Road Trip to Quebec City
- 5 Reasons to Take a Road Trip to Toronto
- 5 Reasons to Take a Road Trip to Vermont
- 5 Unique Farms to Visit Around Montreal This Summer
- Our 5 Favourite Spots for a BBQ in Montreal
- Top 5 Provincial Parks Near Montreal
- Best Winter Jacket in Canada | Top 5 Winter Coats to Wear in Canada
- Top 5 Self Help Books to Read in 2019
- Top 5 Malls & Shopping Centers in Montreal
- Top 5 Cross Country Ski Experiences in Montreal
- The 5 Best Women’s Winter Boots of 2017
- The 5 Best Winter Boots for Men in Canada
- Top 5 Cabane a Sucre Experiences in the Montreal Area